The boys and girls at Content Samurai spend a lot of time making the software robust and are adding more features as time progress.
This is a record of the updates and changes that have occurred since Content Samurai became available to the public on 1st September 2015.
Content Samurai Update History
- You can now alter the speed of the Auto-voice speed by using a new slider in the Preview section of the app!
- Video clips (like Intro clips, Outro Clips, Talking Head clips etc.) are now watchable in the Preview section!
- The load times for the Preview section have been greatly decreased.
- The overall quality for voice tracks has been improved.
- Fixed a bug that would show the last slide sideways.
- Motion Video Backgrounds are now watchable in the Preview section!
- We’ve greatly improved the quality of the AI Voice!
- Now you can set a slide to have no timing so it’s skipped over, just in case you want that kind of thing…
- Now when you change from image to clips (or vice versa) the app will search for new results. More automation = more lazy = more awesome!
- Fixed a bug that was causing videos not generate due to issues with certain types of images.
- Certain backgrounds video clips found using the in-app search feature will now render successfully.
- Fixed a minor bug where setting a background image wouldn’t show in the app. Our magical developers have slain this beast!
- Fixed a minor bug for templates that require a side-bar image. This fix is mainly for templates found in the ‘Property Listing Videos’ section.
- Made further improvements to the in-app image searching. Now you can specify which type of cat image you need!
- Improved the quality of images returned when searching from within the app. More overall images mean more cat images – you’re welcome!
- You can now search for videos clips, as well as images, and add them to slides – all from inside the app!
- The microphone levels weren’t showing, now they are. Booyah!
- We gave Content Samurai a complete visual makeover!
- Sample voice tracks for auto voice are now higher quality
- Added codec information on the Download page for Windows users
- Minor template image fixes
- Minor API fixes
- New auto voices for Aus and UK have been released and updated in the app (US voices were already on the newer updated version).
- Specific options have been set for each template
What this means:
– Each time you choose a different template for a video, the defaults for that template is applied to your video (overwriting your current settings on the video.)
– As a user, you can edit the default slide generation options for your custom templates.
- Improved stability of template options for future Real Estate templates
- You can now use the ‘link a slide’ option on a slide that doesn’t already have an image on it!
- Improved stability of template options for future templates
- Improved how the automatic user options (found in the Script section of the app) have been improved
- Brought back
The Biffimage backgrounds on templates!
- Flushed out some gremlins in the video generation section of the app.
What this means:
– Better error messages when going into slides (less claiming it was the connection when it wasn’t)
– Users are no longer allowed to edit the script if they have >= 200 slides.
– Fixed a potential issue that could have been causing lockups has been removed
– The connection should be more resilient to timeouts when going into slides
- Added new template example videos to the app
- Fixed a few minor template bugs
- The templates section has been updated to make it easier to create the perfect video style
- Added a warning message when converting a Landscape (16:9) video that has video clips into a Square (1:1) format. It’s just a reminder to switch out the videos so they display correctly when downloaded.
- Fixed a minor caching problem with already generated videos
- Text to speech added to the app!
- Fixed major stability issues!
- The manual timing area in Preview has been improved and now runs smoother than ever!
- Significant improvements have been made to the quality of automatic images.
- Overall improvements to the image search performance
- Fixed a grouped slides bug – now you can group those suckers properly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause our Audio servers to fall over. Improvements, yay!
Made the app more stable by improving the code. Now the app shouldn’t fall over with really, really big scripts – hooray!
We have renamed the first section of the app to “Templates” from “Style” to better represent the module.
Have you heard the buzz? We’ve switched the default template to the “Viral Buzz” template.
You can now see the video title in the Navigation Bar at the top of the screen. No more guessing which video you’re working on… unless you want to! #followyourdreams
Fixed issue that caused the app to randomly crash when you had the ‘Automatically Select Images for me’ option checked.
Fixed issue that caused slide rendering to hang forever when loading the Slides section.
- Motion Video Backgrounds are out. Now you can finally add funny cat videos to your slides!
- Fixed a minor issue that would switch your media type when moving between slides. Now slides with images show image results and slides with videos show video results – simple!
- Fixed an annoying issue that was causing our servers to fall over when generating certain videos, that would cause an outage for all users!
- Fixed an issue causing slow rendering times – Content Samurai is now spitting out videos faster than ever before!
- We made significant fixes to the generation process.
- We’ve moved the layout option to the menu that runs along to the top of each slide!
- Style background images are… well… back!
- Fixed minor issue with slide background images
- Updated 1st video in the Help section to a newer version
- Added 9 point layout to the app – now you get the point!
- Fixed minor server issues with that control the Voice section of the app
- Updated the ‘Help’ page with new Getting Started videos that include our brand new features
- Added more ‘Style’ to the app with a new section!
- We’ve squashed the bug that wouldn’t delete images from your Content Samurai image library.
- Fixed a bug where unchecking ‘Add Transitions’ didn’t do anything.
- Content Samurai will now automatically flip uploaded images so they are the correct way up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented images with non-alphabet characters (#$%&!) in the name when uploading to your image library! Now you can hashtag to your heart’s content! #yay
- Fixed an issue where slides were bunched up at the start of your timeline. We’ve separated the troublemakers!
- You don’t have to hover your finger over the volume button. Now uploaded clips will be the same audio level as your voiceover, no more speaker destroying uploaded clips!
- The audio on uploaded video clips are now ‘normalised’, so the video clip audio and recorded audio sound the same!
- Now you can continue motion (a.k.a Ken Burns) across multiple slides.
- There will a be a lot of wrapping this Holiday season, so we thought we’d join in on the fun and start wrapping the text on slides so they look more professional!
- Fixed a minor display bug on the attribution page
- Fixed the image search so it doesn’t fall over
- We cracked the whip and improved the automatic splitting algorithm to better fit the script to slides.
- Fixed a minor bug with transparent background images not working correctly
- Fixed a minor bug that showed the images/clips radio buttons on the layouts tab
- Animated Text has made it into the app!
- Fixed a bug that caused random HTML code to show on Content Samurai videos. </awesome post>
- You can now watch a progress indicator load in the Slide section. Warning: Slightly more exciting than watching paint dry!
- Now you can generate a theme with a blank background – tada!
- Uploaded video clips and images are now stored in your own personal library. Librarian not included*
- Found a bug in Content Samurai that breaks the entire app. It has been “dealt with”.
- Minor transitions times tweaks.
- Not happy with the automatic transitions? Well, now there’s a new button between each slide to either turn off transitions or pick your own!
- Fixed watermarks on square videos
- Don’t be a square, check out our new square video format for Social Media platforms like Instagram!
- We have transitioned into having transitions in our videos!
- We’ve created a new renderer – it’s alive, AAALLLIIIVVVEEEE!
- Add a little personal flavour by adding a watermark to your videos from the Preview module.
- We now split sentences bettererer in the app when you have the “
- Fixed a few minor backend Noble Samurai account issues
- Added a ‘Select Layouts For Me’ option to increase viewer engagement and keep your videos looking snazzy!
- Fixed the way Ken Burns works with repositioned images
- Cleared out a minor bug that caused Background images for custom themes to not show
- We now have an updated version of the ‘Welcome to Content Samurai’ video in the Help section of the app!
- Made some improvements like lacing up Sensei Sam’s shoes, so Content Samurai runs faster.
- Fixed a minor bug that cuts off background music for extended videos that have an outro clip!
- Ironed out a few bugs causing the “Generate Slide Timing: null” error message in Preview!
- Background music for videos over 10 minutes will now loop in the Preview section!
- Fixed uploading .wav file format voice over files to work with your videos!
- We now display Pexels.com licensing info on the attribution page, take that copyright infringement warriors!
- Improved the scrolling in the Slide section for that ‘new slide feel.
- Cleaned out some junk to make the app work harder
- Improved Auto Image Population for slides
- Improved our image search database, so when you search for words like “cute kittens” you will get cute kittens!
- Moving images (a.k.a Ken Burns) is now LIVE!!
- Updated loading screens to show Sensei Sam working hard to load your videos!
- Moved ‘Polar Ice’ theme to the second position, because it’s a sexaaay theme!
- Changed the default for Music Only videos back to being based on how many words are on each slide!
- We took down our metaphoric “Christmas tree” and moved the Christmas song to the bottom of the background music list.
- Fixed some minor issues resulting in a smoother Preview experience.
- Add a feature to automatically bold keywords on each slide, to emphasize the awesome!
- Updated Sensei Sam images in the Audio section
- If you decide to make a Music Only video, the background music will be louder, if there’s a voice recording (uploaded or recorded in the app) the background music is a little softer.
- Now your Content Samurai slides will come with images already on them. Collect them all!
- Users have spoken, and we have listened – you can now set how long you want each slide to appear for in seconds from the Preview section!
- We’ve removed all glitches in the Audio section – no more Deja Vu cats in the Matrix!
- By popular demand, ‘No Voice Recording’ is the default option in the Audio section – silence is golden!
- The new default layout for slides is ‘Centred’, so slides with more words are still good looking (the previous default layout is at the bottom of the layout section)!
- To keep your themes fresh and new, we now prevent users from making identical custom themes!
- Changed our Slide section in the backend to get ready for some cool future features!
- Fixed bug that stopped background music for videos with extended time
- Who needs to title videos anymore? You can now search for your “Untitled” videos!
- Improved loading times Content Samurai – sorry for the ‘long loading time’ lovers out there!
- Added the I Use Content Samurai Facebook Group link to the Help page
- Santa came early this year and added a new Christmas song to Content Samurai – thanks, big guy!
- The older we get, the LESS forgetful we’re becoming. Now we remember the last section you were working on for each video!
- Made the vertical green bars, in the Preview section, more ‘click and draggable’
- Fixed video upload bug, now you can upload as many funny cat videos as you desire
- Are you a better singer than these so called “professionals” – I know I am! Now you can upload your own background music to your Content Samurai videos
- Minor bug fixes in the Preview section
- Make your video never-ending by dragging out the end of the timeline forever (or just a few seconds)!
- Hoarding videos is now more manageable with the addition of Folders!
- Put the Script font size on a diet, so it’s a better fit
- Fixed a pesky bug caused by Grammarly
- Hide text for ‘Split By Sentence’ video without even having to say the magic words
- Improved our built-in image search features to provide more relevant results (and hopefully more cat images)
- Fixed minor bug with special characters in video titles
- Added a cool new feature that auto-magically offers image suggestions, based off the words on the slide
- Downloaded videos now have the video title as the file name – hoorah!
- We now support voice track files with funny characters (like # and %)
- Fixed minor bug causing background music to play over an uploaded into clip
- We now have a free 7 day Content Samurai trial open – sign up here
- Fix a case where manual timing would go ‘walk about’ on silent videos.
- Uploading your own voice track is now LIVE!
- Custom Themes is now LIVE – create your own theme to match your brand!
- Added multiple splitting algorithms, you can now split your script by paragraph
- We just created a fun way to share your videos, get feedback and show off your work in our ‘I Use Content Samurai’ Facebook group – check it out here
- Added the option to allow music to be played over uploaded video clips
- Fixed minor caching bug
- Fixed minor automatic slide timing bug
- Allow users without a Mic to make a video without recording Audio.
- Add a better error message if Content Samurai can’t hear any of the Audio Recordings.
- Add Custom Themes into the app – let’s make some sexy videos!
- Added the ability to Add a New Slide, for those times in life when all you need is a new slide!
- Added a ‘Click here to make $1,000,000’ button here
No Updates Required
- Updated the Help Centre video with a sexy voice*
*So says the person who recorded it
- Fixed minor issue with thumbnails not showing in Creative Commons section
- Added links to our Facebook Page and Help Centre in the Help section of Content Samurai. Now is a great time to like us on Facebook and check out our Training Videos!
- Fixed some minor Chrome Flexbox issues (another classic case of Flexbox being Flexbox)!
- You can now move and resize your images – if your pictures start to come to life and take over the city, like Ghostbusters 2, who you gon’ call? …Noble Samurai Support!
- Just in time for Christmas, and with a chilly snowing intro clip, we created a video to help you get an intro created for under $10 using Fiverr.com. Check it out here…
You too can now be like Sifo-Dyas and clone…your videos! This feature is great if you want to make slightly different versions of the same video.
- Are you the kind of person who likes to crank the music at a party? You can now adjust music and voice levels on the preview screen.
- Sensei Sam has put on his Santa suit to celebrate the festive season!
Creating a video with Content Samurai that has a video in it? A video within a video? What? It’s ok – those who wanted this feature will know exactly what we are talking about!
For everyone else, check out what this new feature does here….
- You can find the sultry voice of our CEO, Euge, on the Entrepreneur Ignite Podcast with Derek Gehl here
- Shared How to Boost Your Traffic and Rankings in Youtube with Transcripts Video here
- Shared Top Ten Visual Tips Video here
Today was the day Marty McFly travelled to in ‘Back to the Future’ – Oh and we’ve replaced the old Background Music with 20 brand new tracks! Update Video here
- Updated Tutorial with the new Record Mode sync feature because it’s so hot right now!
- Made the in-app notifications more helpful!
- Added a ‘Record Mode’ feature to the Manual Timing section – for those slides that just don’t want to play nice. Update Video here
- Added a Delete Slides button to remove those pesky leftover slides (and they would’ve got away with it too if it weren’t for us meddling kids)
- Added article links to the Help! (I need somebody…) section
- Added the ability to make Silent Videos. Which was ironically a very talked about feature! Update Video here
- Added more images of Sensei Sam to loading screens. Collect them all!
- Shared 5 Insanely Simple Audio Tips Update Video here
- Content Samurai Launched to the public – and it begins…
- Content Samurai Facebook group created because we heard Facebook is about to take off 😉